Dr. Leena Nebhani studied Chemistry at the University of Rajasthan and Polymer Science & Technology at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India. She completed PhD in Polymer Chemistry from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany after which she was working at the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, USA as a Senior Scientist. Dr. Nebhani joined Indian Institute of Technology Delhi as an Assistant Professor in April 2015. Dr. Nebhani’s research interests include establishing range of highly innovative protocols for :-
- Macromolecular surface engineering and functionalization of surfaces via combination of orthogonal and controlled radical polymerization techniques
- Synthetic 'grafting-to' and 'grafting-from' routes for conjugating macromolecules/elastomers to a variety of surfaces
- Preparation of organically modified mesoporous silica nanoparticles and its application in nanomedicine and as clean energy source.
New Synthetic Routes for Polymer and Surface Functionalization Based on RAFT Polymerization and Click Chemistry, Antimicrobial Hydrogels and Cryogels for Water Disinfection, Synthesis and Polymer Functionalization of Organically Modified Silica.
- Synthesis of functionalized filler and elastomer
- Synthesis of anti-fouling and biocompatible surface
- Synthesis of antimicrobial hydrogels and cryogels for water disinfection