Department of Materials Science and Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
DMSE IIT Delhi
To provide frontier education in Materials Science and Engineering at the postgraduate level to:
• Achieve excellence in education and research to meet the growing needs of the society
• Expose the students broadly to research intensive curriculum for skill enhancement to suit the global market.
• Provide an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, implementation of new ideas and team spirit so as to foster young and fresh talents.
• Promote high standards of professional ethics.
About the Department
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering (DMSE) has been established on 1st January 2018 for developing and undertaking research on materials for specific end uses.
It holds the privilege of being the only materials research and engineering department in Delhi-NCR region. The Department is starting one post-graduate program (M. Tech. in Polymer Science and Technology) in July 2018 and is also in the process to start a second post-graduate program (M. Tech. in Materials Engineering). The Department will also introduce bachelor program (B. Tech. in Materials Engineering) in coming years. The principal thrust of DMSE is manpower development and research for enhancing the fundamental knowledge as well as developing materials.
Core Research Strengths:
• Structure-property-processing correlation
• Advanced material synthesis, processing and characterization
• Research in energy, environment, biodegradability and healthcare
• Collaboration with industry for process and product development